Browse Our Services
Leadership Fitness® Package:
Leadership is an everyday behavior. Many people go to leadership training and never change their behavior. Attending leadership training is of no use unless a person is willing to change their behavior. To be physically fit requires a person to exercise daily and have a sound nutrition plan. Leadership is no different. You have to use your leadership skills everyday and provide yourself the tools to keep your leadership skills sharp.
Thousands of dollars are spent every year sending people to leadership training, but the return on investment from the dollars expended is low. It’s like sending someone to Crossfit training, sure when they graduate they will be fit, and may even maintain their fitness for a short period of time. But if they do not stick with what they have taught, then they will fall out of shape. The same is true when it comes to leadership. You need to use leadership skills everyday. That is where Leadership Fitness® can help. Through a 12 week program you will learn to change your behavior and maintain that behavioral change for the rest of your life. During this program you will get a detailed look at your current self, and through weekly coaching sessions, learn to adapt new leadership skills along with learning how to be flexible in your leadership styles.
The plan includes:
- The DISC behavioral style assessment
- The Values assessment
- The Leadership Challenge 360 assessment
- 12 personalized executive coaching sessions
- Your own personal Leadership Fitness development workbook and plan
- Several reading materials to assist you in your Leadership Fitness journey
- A daily Leadership Fitness plan
This is a very intensive course, but worth the effort. Want to lead better today and in the future, then this is the program for you.
Most law enforcement organizations have two disparate learning arms: a formal learning arm where individuals members of the organization learn in the context of specifically designed learning events in all their appropriate forms, and a informal learning arms where officers of the agency learn in their workflow at their moment of need in the way they choose to learn. Experience is life’s greatest teacher, why not leverage that knowledge? There is so much to know in the modern law enforcement world, how can we expect out officer/agents to retain everything they have been taught? Performance Support is the discipline that harnesses informal learning and makes it intentional. Performance Support includes the practices and tools an agency provides its people individually and collectively to enable them to perform their work efficiently. Here’s how Performance Support helps an agency:
- Without intentional support, informal learning can be unruly and therefore costly. Unconsciously, incompetent people often help others can become the same. A strong Performance Support infrastructure counters this.
- Most performers work in an environment where their skill sets are in a state of flux. Performance Support delivers intentional capability for maintain those skill sets in the most cost-efficient way.
- Often there isn’t sufficient time to wait for a course to be developed and offered. They need to learn right now because they need to perform right now. Learner-performer support provides this capacity to immediately learn in response to time sensitive material.
- Few performers can learn and recall all the knowledge and skills they need to do their duties. Most learners readily forget most of what they learn anyway. And what little amount learners do remember has such a short shelf life. Performance Support can alleviate this problem.
- At the time of Apply, performers often need support in adapting what they know to meet the unique challenges at the moment they need to know and learn more.
For example, an officer is involved with a shooting; at that moment they may not know exactly what the policy they need to follow. Performance Support would provide a step-by-step guide to assist the officer in making the right policy decisions at the time they need it most. HPC can assist an agency in developing the support mechanisms their officers need at the moment of need.
Field Training and Evaluation Program
Field training is an extension of the academy. The Field Training Officer (FTO) is the true introduction on how your agency operates. The real strength of any agency’s training depends on a strong Field Training and Evaluation Program (FTEP). How can agency really evaluate what an officer/agent really has learned in the academy? Research has proven that a trainee only retains between 10%-20% of what they learned in the academy. Therefore, how do you ensure training transfers to the street – have a strong FTEP.
Many agencies hire officers/agents that already have law enforcement experience, and they that there is no need for an FTEP for those people. This is a very wrong assumption that can lead to disaster in an agency. Just because a person passed the hiring requirements and an Academy, this in no way ensures the person is ready for fieldwork without having to proceed through a sturdy FTEP.
The HPC FTEP is proven effective program. This program includes a FTO training that provides cutting edge performance training, including:
- Use of the DISC behavioral and Values assessment to equip your FTOs with the ability to not only know themselves, but to also understand the new trainee.
- The enhanced leadership tool Situational Leadership II®. Situational Leadership® II (SLII®) is the most comprehensive, up-to-date, and practical method of effectively managing and developing people, time, and resources in the world. SLII provides FTOs with a model and the tools for creating open communication and developing self-reliance in those they train. It is designed to increase the frequency and quality of conversations about performance and development. As a result, competence is developed, commitment is gained, and talented individuals are retained.
- a set of factors which influence transfer;
- a diagnostic instrument; and
- a change process model
The instrument offers a simple and quick approach to pinpoint learning transfer system problems. The LTSI is used for:
The HPC is a high-powered proven system that will enhance any FTO program.